On Monday the 7th of July, Israeli occupation forces resumed their open war on charity organizations and orphan societies on the West bank. About five societies were raided and ordered to be closed in the northern West Bank city of Nablus.
This comes after an announcement by the Israeli sources that the Army intends to launch a new campaign against a large number of charity organizations on the West Bank and seize their properties claiming such organizations are involved in “banned activities.”
In a news article in the daily Haaretz, Israeli military sources in the Middle Region Command announced the intention to shut down a large number of charity organizations and societies, the confiscation of their properties, and taking ownership of their facilities, claiming that such organizations are affiliated with Hamas.
The Israeli sources said that such measures will be similar to actions taken previously against charity organizations in Hebron, Qalqilieh, and Ramallah.
The newspaper also said that the Israeli Army received legal clearance to broaden its action to include civilian institutions suspected of sympathizing with Hamas.
In a similar campaign, the Israeli Army raided, confiscated, and shut down a mall in Hebron for its association with the Islamic Charitable Society which was also shut down during the same raid. Sewing shops, orphanages, schools, and food warehouses were also shut down during the Israeli action.
Despite all of this, a senior Israeli officer admits that this is a losing battle and recommended that the state of Israel declares open war against Hamas rather than rely on its security branches or the army to carry out the campaign.