The general syndicate of workshop owners in Gaza Strip has warned that thousands of workers would lose their jobs in the event the electricity crisis persisted in the enclave.
Chief of the syndicate Sami Al-Amasi said in a statement on Monday that more than 7000 workers would join the long queue of unemployed in Gaza.
He said that the workshops were suffering fuel shortage as well, adding that the workers were passing through a difficult stage.
Amasi noted that the current power crisis in Gaza had led 90% of the total 3900 workshops to close down due to shortage of fuel to generate power while the remaining 10% were working only partially.
He warned that thousands of Palestinian families would suffer as a result of laying off their breadwinners.